New Year New Beliefs
Happy New Year!! We made it to another year. Are you ready to get it started anew? How about getting it started by what you believe? Specifically, I am talking about your belief in you so that you can get to your done.
Your done is uniquely yours, but if you need an idea of what that means, I have noted some ideas.
Getting into your desired size of clothes.
Completing a marathon.
Graduating with your bachelors degree after the traditional graduating age.
Running your own business after a long time of believing it was not possible.
You see, too many of us, myself included at times, struggle to get to our done because we block our can because of what we believe. My own blog helped me take the appropriate steps to change that.
I found it fitting that I start the first post of the new year with what you believe because that is the first pillar of can. will. DONE! – believing you can.
If you are like I was, it is time to stop blocking your can. Keep reading to get a sense of what not believing your can looks and sounds like.
It’s Time to Stop Blocking Your Can
“I believe no matter what I do, I will never lose this weight.”
“I think I am in over my head. There is no way I will be able to do this.”
“I’m a woman.” “I’m black.” “I’m fat.” “I walk with a limp.” “That's why they'll never choose me.”
“She’s famous. I am not. People will not follow me like that.”
That type of thinking, language, belief – ALL of that – will block your can.
It is time to stop blocking your can by believing you can.
Spark Your Belief in You
This blog post provides you with 15 quotes. They are meant to inspire you, encourage you, and perhaps give you the kick in the butt that you need to change your attitude, your thoughts, your behavior, and your actions, or lack thereof.
This list is meant to help you focus on thinking more positively.
Copy and paste them somewhere where you can have access to them at all times.
Refer back to them when you sliding into that space of disbelief.
Share them with others.
Most importantly, use them to start believing in yourself and believing you can.
- “To see the change in you that you want to see, change the way you think and the language that you speak.” – Pamela Burke
- “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” – Nikos Kazantzakis
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.” – Chantal Sutherland
- “You cannot separate your behavior from your belief. Your behavior demonstrates what you believe.” – Rev. David Jefferson Sr.
- “The biggest difference I’ve noticed between successful people and unsuccessful people isn’t intelligence or opportunity or resources. It’s the belief that they can make their goals happen. We all deal with vulnerability, uncertainty, and failure. Some of us trust that if we move forward anyway, then we will figure it out.” – James Clear
- “There's a lot of stress out there, and to handle it, you just need to believe in yourself; always go back to the person that you know you are, and don't let anybody tell you any different, because everyone's special and everyone's awesome.” – McKayla Maroney
- “Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do… but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” Anatole France
- “I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.” Ken Venturi
- “Belief is your passport.” – Rev. David Jefferson Sr.
- “If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right” – Mark Twain.
- “Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.” ~ Bhagavad Gita
- “You are capable of more than you believe possible.” – Pamela Burke